We are Sortly, an amazingly simple, modern, mobile-first inventory management solution for businesses. Our visual, intuitive approach to inventory enables thousands of SMB’s and large companies including teams at Apple, Lyft, Netflix, Facebook, to stay on top of their physical supplies. It’s a $20 billion market and we are growing fast!
We are looking for a Director of Data and Analytics to take Sortly’s Data capabilities to the next level. We’ve built a strong data foundation with the right tools and people in place, and the Director of Data and Analytics will be responsible for improving Sortly’s data integrity and models, and for creating a data-first culture that puts analytics and measurement at the forefront of data-driven actions across the business.
The best candidates for this role will have proven track records as both managers and individual contributors and excel in these player-coach situations. This role will be a mix of mentorship, management, and high level strategic decision-making combined with performing complex data analysis for our Product, Growth and Success/Sales teams.
This role is best suited for someone who is a great communicator to not only data-native team members but all business stakeholders and someone who has thrived in fast-paced environments.
Note: Sortly is a fully distributed company. This is a full-time, 100% remote role which reports directly to our CEO.
What you’ll do in the role:
- As a strategic leader: you will bring a data-driven mentality to Sortly and work to make data and analytics key drivers of the business, you will provide executive-level guidance to strategic planning initiatives, and you will work collaboratively with Engineering and stakeholder groups to ensure Sortly team members have the data they need to be effective while helping lead vital changes to data models and data architecture
- As a manager: you will be responsible for mentoring and managing the existing data team and hiring for expanded Product and Sales analytics roles in 2022, enforcing best practices for tools, processes and artifact creation, and you will collaborate effectively with stakeholders at Sortly along a broad range of data competency
- As an individual contributor: you will be a go-to Data and Reporting resource with full understanding of relationships and overlaps between our different data sources, you will be able to handle the trickiest analysis or data requests in Looker, SQL and Amplitude, and you will provide actionable insights in your analyses and communications
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7+ years experience in a Data/Analytics role
- 3+ years experience in a management role with a clear track record of team development and successful stakeholder collaboration
- Ability to communicate across teams to people with a wide range of data competency
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- SQL (Expert)
- Looker (Moderate+)
- Direct experience with behavioral analytics concepts/tools
- Amplitude, Mixpanel or similar
- A Ha, Habit, Active User measurement, Engagement, Retention
- Data Warehouses (BigQuery, Snowflake, or Redshift)
- Data connection tools (Stitch, Fivetran, Segment)
Nice to have:
- Experience with SaaS businesses
- Startup experience
- Sales reporting tools (Hubspot, Salesforce)
- Revenue reporting tools and processes
- Experience with Growth marketing/paid acquisition
- Data Science experience
- A/B testing experience
- User survey results analysis experience
- NPS/CSAT familiarity
Perks at Sortly:
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Yearly learning & development reimbursement
- Remote-first team
- Semi-annual off-site retreats
This is a full time, 100% remote position, open to applicants in the US and Canada. Sortly is a fully distributed company. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States or Canada.