Sortly is a simple, mobile-first inventory management solution. Our visual & intuitive approach to inventory enables thousands of SMBs and teams within iconic corporations, government entities, music bands & sports teams to stay on top of their physical things.
With over 8000 five-star ratings in the App Store and a net promoter score greater than 55, our impressive growth has largely been driven by organic sources and word of mouth. We are profitable, financially independent, and primed to scale within our $20B market!
As a proud distributed and remote-first company since inception, we currently have teams across 4 countries around the world.
We are seeking a Lead Frontend Engineer with a passion for customer-centric experiences to join our fast-paced, distributed team of engineers.
What you will do
- Develop a deep understanding of our architecture and codebase in addition to learning our product and appreciating how/why our customers use it
- As a senior member of the Frontend Engineering team, collaborate with PM, UX, and Engineering peers to iterate and deliver the best frontend experience that produces customer trust in our product by effectively balancing functionality, performance, and usability
- Evaluate and adopt technologies to continuously enable new functionality, improve developer productivity, and code simplicity
- Write clear, readable, reusable, and testable code
- Conduct code reviews, actively drive and participate in architecture discussions
- Own frontend service in production and ensure the system is up for our customers via monitoring, quick fixes, and address root causes for recurring issues
- Lead a cross-functional scrum team and deliver on assigned OKRs
- 7+ years of experience building scalable, elegant SaaS products that lead to, and maintain, customer trust through accessible and reliable user experiences
- Experience in building react-based applications working with backend teams on optimal design for performance and functionality
- Flexibility to work across team members in multiple time zones working remotely
- Ability to think analytically and approach the problems from first principles
- Demonstrated rigor in following and advocating for the best engineering practices
- modular & functional code
- strong code reviews
- test coverage
- performance testing
- Experience with Typescript is a plus
- Experience working with the full stack (Node, Rails, etc..) is a plus
- Value testing and documentation as much as you do code
- Ability to debug/diagnose tough problems (ex: consistency, performance, race conditions) and root cause issues
Perks at Sortly
- Work with the best engineers and learn from each other
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Remote-first team
- Off-site retreats
This is a full-time, 100% remote position, open to applicants in the United States. Candidates must be eligible to work in US.