What is Sortly:
Sortly is a simple, mobile-first inventory management solution. Our visual & intuitive approach to inventory enables thousands of SMBs and teams within iconic corporations, government entities, music bands & sports teams to stay on top of their physical things.
With over 8000 five-star ratings in the App Store and a net promoter score greater than 55, our impressive growth has largely been driven by organic sources and word of mouth. We are profitable, financially independent, and primed to scale within our $20B market!
As a proud distributed and remote-first company since inception, we currently have teams across 4 countries.
We are seeking a Quality Engineering Lead with experience building and scaling an automated engineering function as well as conducting and coordinating manual and automated testing to ensure we continually ship a high-quality product.
What you will do
- Build and manage the QE team at Sortly and ensure Sortly’s web and mobile applications are the best in class quality products for our customers.
- With an automation first mindset, drive tooling & processes that enable releases with right sized manual testing efforts
- Be hands on, provide technical guidance via both direct involvement, reviews and mentoring the QE team
- Ensure delivering of high velocity continuous releases with the right quality, working closely with all the stakeholders
- Spend 50% of your time in IC work and the rest in QE team management and delivery
- Work with the development teams in defining the ownership of test categories across development and QE teams to ensure right level of handoffs
- Work with a mixed team of full time employees and contractors to get the desired results
- Continuous improvement of processes and tooling
What should you have
- Have automation first mindset and drive tooling & processes that help us scale with a lean team
- 8+ years of industry experience with recent experience in leading/managing quality engineering team of 5-10 people
- Hunger for learning, passion for automation, desire to grow
- Strong working knowledge of QE tooling for webapps & mobile with best in class tools and CI-CD processes
- Performance testing experience is a big plus
- Ability to think analytically and approach the problems from first principles
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders - development, product management and program management team members
- Good communication skills and ability to work closely with cross-functional teams across geographies
Why you should work with us
- Remote-first culture and flexible working hours
- Work with an experienced and supportive team that encourages professional development and growth
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Team off-site
Know more about us at