Role: QA Engineer
Experience: 3+ years
Job Type: Full Time
What is Sortly:
Sortly is a simple, mobile-first inventory management solution. Our visual & intuitive approach to inventory enables thousands of SMBs and teams within iconic corporations, government entities, music bands & sports teams to stay on top of their physical things.
With over 8000 five-star ratings in the App Store and a net promoter score greater than 55, our impressive growth has largely been driven by organic sources and word of mouth. We are profitable, financially independent, and primed to scale within our $20B market!
As a proud distributed and remote-first company since inception, we currently have teams across 4 countries.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced senior QA engineer to oversee our quality assurance team. Your main responsibility will be to ensure the quality of the software products or applications being developed.
To ensure success as a QA engineer you should have good experience in analytics, high-level problem-solving skills, and the ability to test the product.
Relevant software product testing experience of 3 to 5 years in enterprise-class products and applications.
- Participating in design and architectural discussions
- Reviews and validates requirements and technical specifications
- Develops and executes test plans and detailed test cases based on requirements and/or customer feedback and prioritization
- Documents results; offer observations or improvements after analysis of test results and overall product quality
- Collaborates with peers, development team, and program managers in a distributed environment effectively on bug fix verification and validation
- Communicates professionally at all levels within and outside of the organization
Requirements for the candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; Hands-on experience of more than 3+ years
- Previous experience as a QA
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Detail-oriented, high-level analytical skills and critical thinker
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to continually upgrade technical knowledge
- Sortly is a remote-first and globally distributed company. You should be comfortable working with culturally diverse team members in multiple geographies and time zones over virtual channels such as Slack, Google Suite, and Zoom calls, and the potential for periodic travel (say twice/thrice a year) for in-person meetings and team-building exercises.
- At least 3+ yrs quality assurance experience in Agile Development environments
- Experience with a web-based application and mobile app testing
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot issues at all levels including operating system, component, database, network
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, draws valid conclusions, and provides solutions
- A team player and self-starter who will work side by side with the development team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Awareness and experience in writing automation code in any scripting or programming language is a plus
Why you should work with us:
- Remote-first culture and flexible working hours
- Work with an experienced and supportive team that encourages professional development and growth
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Team off-sites
Know more about us at