Senior/Lead Software Engineer (Backend)
Sortly has a reputation for simplicity and ease of use; we are seeking Software Engineers with a passion for building customer centric products with the right technology
Outcomes (what you will do):
- Build awesome systems - Design, Write and Maintain high quality modular code
- Do code reviews, participate in design & architecture discussions
- Collaborate within the team for improving tooling and processes
- Build product features via reliable, performant distributed backend platform and services
- Participate in occasional on-call rotation of engineers to keep the site up
- Mentor junior engineers in the team
Job Competencies / Requirements:
- 3-10 years of experience in product companies writing high quality code
- Strong knowledge of any coding language & ability to pick up new languages quickly
- Demonstrated experience of owning and driving a feature/module lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience of designing complex systems and solving tough issues
- Experience working in agile and iterative software development process
- Ability to think analytically and approach the problems from first principles
- Working knowledge of AWS and similar cloud technologies is highly desirable
- Remote first : Sortly is a remote-first company. You should be comfortable working with team members in multiple geographies and time zones over virtual channels such as slack, gdocs and zoom calls and potentially travel periodically (say twice/thrice an year for in-person meetings.
- Work hours : While you have flexibility to figure out the working hours that suit you, we also require flexibility from you to accommodate meetings in off-normal working hours to be able to collaborate with other members of the team, especially in early PT/ET hours.
- Self-Motivated: Self motivated & high ownership on the job without managers needing to keep track of their work hours etc.
- Proactive: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Strong Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Sets the right expectations and delivers on them. Professional. Punctual.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Speaks and writes clearly without being verbose. Articulates complex ideas in simple to understand terms.
- Adaptability: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly understand and absorb new information.
- Growth Mindset: Ability and willingness to pick up new skills. Resourceful. Adapts to new situations.
This is a full-time, 100% remote position, open to applicants in India. Candidates must be
eligible to work in India.