Sortly is a simple, mobile-first inventory management solution. Our visual & intuitive approach
to inventory enables thousands of SMBs and teams within iconic corporations, government
entities, music bands & sports teams to stay on top of their physical things.
With over 8000 five-star ratings in the App Store and a net promoter score greater than 55, our
impressive growth has largely been driven by organic sources and word of mouth. We are
profitable, financially independent, and primed to scale within our $20B market!
As a proud distributed and remote-first company since inception, we currently have teams
across 4 countries.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for software design, developing
and managing the delivery of highly scalable, micro-services driven cloud-based systems.
What you will do
• Write high quality modular code
• Do code reviews, participate in design & architecture discussions
• Collaborate within the team for improving tooling and processes
• Build product features via reliable, performant distributed backend platform and services
• Participate in occasional on-call rotation of engineers to keep the site up
• 3+ years of experience in product companies writing high quality code
• Strong knowledge of any coding language & ability to pick up new languages quickly
• Demonstrated experience of owning and driving a feature/module lifecycle
• Experience working in agile and iterative software development process
• Ability to think analytically and approach the problems from first principles
• Working knowledge of AWS and similar cloud technologies is highly desirable
Perks at Sortly
• Work with the best engineers and learn from each other
• Competitive compensation and equity package
• Remote-first team
• Off-site retreats
This is a full-time, 100% remote position, open to applicants in India. Candidates must be
eligible to work in India.