An opportunity to work with one of the most promising companies in a genuine growth hacking role. We have a fantastically transparent, vibrant, and positive work culture.
We are looking for an experienced senior QA engineer to oversee our quality assurance team. Your main responsibility will be to ensure the quality of the software products or applications being developed.
To ensure success as a senior QA engineer you should have extensive experience in analytics, high-level problem-solving skills, and the ability to project manage.
Relevant software product testing and QA team lead experience of 4 to 8 years in enterprise-class products and applications.
- Participating in design and architectural discussions
- Reviews and validates requirements and technical specifications
- Develops and executes test plans and detailed test cases based on requirements and/or customer feedback and prioritization
- Documents results; offer observations or improvements after analysis of test results and overall product quality
- Collaborates with peers, development team, and program managers in a distributed environment effectively on bug fix verification and validation
- Communicates professionally at all levels within and outside of the organization
- Supports, designs, develops, and enhances test processes and reporting for QA processes
- Manages testing efforts across many varied projects and tasks under deadlines
- Mentors and provides training assistance to associate QA Engineers
Requirements for the candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; Hands-on experience of more than 5+ years
- Previous experience as a QA/Sr. QA engineer.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Detail-oriented, high-level analytical skills and critical thinker
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to continually upgrade technical knowledge
- Sortly is a remote-first and globally distributed company. You should be comfortable working with culturally diverse team members in multiple geographies and time zones over virtual channels such as Slack, Google suite, and Zoom calls, and the potential for periodic travel (say twice/thrice a year) for in-person meetings and team-building exercises.
- At least 4+ yrs quality assurance experience in Agile Development environments
- Experience with a web-based application and mobile app testing (minimum 3+ yr)
- Minimum 2+ yrs experience in leading a QA team
- Knowledge of Performance Testing Processes and Strategies
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot issues at all levels including operating system, component, database, network
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, draws valid conclusions, and provides solutions
- A team player and self-starter who will work side by side with the development team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Hands-on experience with any of the CI/CD tools such as Jenkins is an added advantage.
- Awareness and experience in writing automation code in any scripting or programing language is a plus.
Benefits of Working at Sortly:
- Market leader in compensation
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements