Sortly is a simple, mobile-first inventory management solution. Our visual & intuitive approach to inventory enables thousands of SMBs and teams within iconic corporations, government entities, music bands & sports teams to stay on top of their physical things.
With over 8000 five-star ratings in the App Store and a net promoter score greater than 55, our impressive growth has largely been driven by organic sources and word of mouth. We are profitable, financially independent, and primed to scale within our $20B market!
As a proud distributed and remote-first company since inception, we currently have teams across 4 countries around the world.
We are seeking a Data Analyst to lead reporting, forecasting, and analysis initiatives for our marketing team and to contribute cross-functionally to our core data and analytics team. This role is perfect for candidates with a strong core of data and forecasting/modeling skills looking to contribute to a fast-moving, growing startup.
The best candidate for this role will have a pattern of success in unstructured, fast-paced environments. A successful Data Analyst will learn quickly, ask probing questions, and self-direct their own work within the larger company priorities. This role is best suited for someone with attention to detail who enjoys collaboration and builds trust easily but who also thrives working independently.
What you will do
- Primarily focused on the data analysis for all things marketing and sales at Sortly, you will create and maintain models and forecasts, provide actionable insights and analysis on business trends, and serve as the data liason for any needs the marketing and sales teams have as Sortly seeks to expand its business. This means not only creating and providing data to the marketing and sales team, but analyzing that data to direct our actions where they'll be most impactful.
- As a company-wide data and reporting resource, you will fully understand the relationships and overlaps between our different data sources and you will be an expert in our reporting SQL and LookML, using your skills to modify code for existing tables and create new tables, reports, and visualizations.
- You will become a Sortly data owner who not only masters our current tools and processes, but more importantly, will also be able to suggest improvements, areas of change, or new tools and systems to adopts, ensuring Sortly leverages data to its fullest potential.
- SQL or Bigquery (Advanced)
- 3+ years professional experience in a Data Analytics role supporting a marketing and/or sales team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Familiarity with models, forecasting and creation of input/output analysis and reporting
- Ability to communicate across teams to people with a wide range of data competency
The following experience are nice-to-haves that would serve a candidate well in this role:
- Data reporting and visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Product Analytics tools (Amplitude, Google Analytics)
- Data Science experience
- CRM or Customer Service tools (Hubspot/Zendesk/Salesforce)
- Experience with B2B SaaS or Freemium businesses
- Startup experience
Perks at Sortly
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Yearly learning & development reimbursement
- Remote-first team
- Semi-annual off-site retreats
This is a full-time, 100% remote position, open to applicants in the US and Canada. Sortly is a fully distributed company. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States or Canada.