We are Sortly, an amazingly simple, modern, mobile-first inventory management solution for businesses. Our visual, intuitive approach to inventory enables thousands of SMB’s and large companies including teams at Apple, Lyft, Netflix, Facebook, to stay on top of their physical supplies. It’s a $20 billion market and we are growing fast!
About the Role
As Head of Growth Marketing, you will lead our Marketing department to achieve our customer acquisition and ARR targets. You will create and execute on a high-impact GTM strategy to support Sortly’s journey to $30M ARR by 2023. You will help evolve our data driven test-and-learn culture, mentoring and enabling the team to scale and unlock new growth loops and channels. You will also foster growth within the team; developing current employees and hiring new talent.
Note: Sortly is a fully distributed company. This is a full-time, 100% remote role which reports directly to our founder and CEO and will also work very closely with the entire Executive Team.
What You’ll Do
- Establish, drive, and communicate a go-to-market strategy that will deliver significant customer acquisition and revenue growth.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to create and unite around GTM strategy and roadmap.
- Lead and develop a world class, high-functioning team of growther marketers across all growth marketing functions including SEO, SEM, digital marketing, conversion optimization, and iterative experimentation.
- Ensure the team is maximizing impacts of all growth experiments by ensuring powerful hypotheses are created leveraging data and insights.
- Own and evolve Marketing KPIs and processes.
Job Competencies / Requirements
- 4+ years experience building and leading high-functioning Marketing Growth teams that drive results.
- 7+ years of experience across many growth marketing functions including paid advertising, content marketing, cross-channel campaigns, SEO, conversion optimization, email marketing, marketing automation, and web strategy.
- Experience leading demand generation strategies with self-serve & PLG motion
- SMB or mid market experience
- Experience with market segmentation and driving awareness and conversion within specific industries and crafting the positioning and messaging that resonate.
- Experience with Pricing and Packaging, Monetization, and Retention marketing strategies.
- Strong analytical, data and critical thinking skills
- Good experience overseeing the creation of highly engaging and impactful marketing experiences.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Speaks and writes clearly without being verbose. Articulates complex ideas in simple to understand terms.
- Adaptability: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly understand and absorb new information.
- Growth Mindset: Ability and willingness to pick up new skills. Resourceful. Adapts to new situations.
- Self-Motivated: Self motivated on the job without managers needing to keep track of their work hours etc.
- Proactive: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Strong Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Sets the right expectations and delivers on them. Professional. Punctual.
- Strategic thinking/visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Ability to hire best people: Sources, selects, and sells A Players to join Sortly
- Ability to develop people: Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance, and prepares them for future roles
- Enthusiastic: Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- High standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Listening skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Calm under pressure: Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress
- Down-to-earth: Easily approachable by anyone
Perks at Sortly
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Yearly learning & development reimbursement
- Remote-first team
- Semi-annual off-site retreats
This is a full time, 100% remote position, open to applicants in the US and Canada. Sortly is a fully distributed company. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States or Canada.