We are Sortly, an amazingly simple, modern, mobile-first inventory management solution for businesses. Our visual, intuitive approach to inventory enables thousands of SMB’s and large companies including teams at Apple, Lyft, Netflix, Facebook, to stay on top of their physical supplies. It’s a $20 billion market and we are growing fast!
About the Role:
As VP of Product, you will lead our organization and product into its next iteration. You will establish and execute on the high-level product vision to support Sortly’s journey to $30M ARR by 2023. You will help to maintain our product-centric culture as we grow by establishing new and scalable processes within the organization. You will also foster growth within the team; developing current employees and hiring new talent.
Note: Sortly is a fully distributed company. This is a full-time, 100% remote role which reports directly to our founder and CEO and will also work very closely with the entire Executive Team.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
What you’ll do:
- Establish, drive, and communicate a strategic product direction to deliver significant revenue growth.
- Collaborate with senior leadership and the product organization to create and unite around a product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Own and optimize the product development process from product definition and planning through design, production, release and end of life.
- Lead and develop a world class, high-functioning team of product managers and product designers
- Create an innovative, inclusive, product culture that fosters empowerment, growth, and collaboration
- Own all product KPIs and deliver insights on user behavior, to prioritize features and product improvements
Competencies / Requirements:
- Proven track record of building and leading high-functioning product management team with product, design and research functions
- Proven success in designing, scoping, developing and launching B2B, B2C or B2B2C products
- Good eye and experience in developing great UI/UX. Experience leading designers and user experience professionals
- Experience leading products with self-serve & PLG motion
- SMB or mid market experience
- Proven ability to instill trust and influence cross-functional teams
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Deep customer research experience
- Strong analytical, data and critical thinking skills
- Integrations or partnerships experience: API, platform, plugins, etc.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Speaks and writes clearly without being verbose. Articulates complex ideas in simple to understand terms.
- Adaptability: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly understand and absorb new information.
- Growth Mindset: Ability and willingness to pick up new skills. Resourceful. Adapts to new situations.
- Self-Motivated: Self motivated on the job without managers needing to keep track of their work hours etc.
- Proactive: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Strong Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Sets the right expectations and delivers on them. Professional. Punctual.
- Strategic thinking/visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Ability to hire best people: Sources, selects, and sells A Players to join Sortly
- Ability to develop people: Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance, and prepares them for future roles
- Enthusiastic: Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- High standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Listening skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Calm under pressure: Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress
- Down-to-earth: Easily approachable by anyone