We are Sortly: a simple and intuitive, mobile-first, inventory management SaaS solution for businesses. Our smart, modern approach to inventory is transforming how thousands businesses — including teams at Apple, Lyft, Netflix, and Facebook — effortlessly track their products.
Sortly’s steady growth allows us financial independence, and we are now primed to scale within our $20B market with the support of experienced advisors from 500 Startups, Salesforce, and Oracle.
Your role and impact:
Reporting to the Head of Design you will plan and execute multi-method research that answers big questions and helps shape our product. You will own research projects end-to-end for your team and are comfortable working closely with a diverse team of designers, product managers, and engineers who care deeply about creating impactful experiences. As the first researcher on our team, you will help us optimize our tools and process as we continually strive to improve our methods and efficacy.
- Plan and conduct generative and evaluative research studies that shape product and design decisions.
- Build and maintain profiles for our key customer types.
- Identify opportunities and prioritize the right questions for the research roadmap in partnership with product and design teams.
- Promote an informed and empathetic organization by evangelizing research insights throughout the company.
- Highlight usability issues and advise your team on how to improve them.
- Support team members in transforming your insights into innovative design solutions, often through multiple design cycles.
- Use service design methods to understand and document customer workflows and educate your team on the best ways to …
- Serve as a center of excellence for research methods and practices, guiding teams to conduct their own research — from guerrilla to formalized.
- Passion for research and understanding customer needs.
- 4+ years of experience as a user researcher focused on mobile apps.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of user research including study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent communication, presentation, social, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and influence audiences.
- Strong understanding of quantitative data tools and how to use them in concert with qualitative research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Cognitive Science, Research & Strategy, Anthropology or related field. Ph.D. or Master’s degree a plus.
This is a remote position, open to applicants in the US and Canada. Sortly is a fully distributed company. This is a full-time, 100% remote role. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States or Canada.