Role: Senior Frontend Engineer
Experience: 4+ years
Job Type: Full Time
What is Sortly
Sortly is a simple, mobile-first inventory management solution. Our visual & intuitive approach to inventory enables thousands of SMBs and teams within iconic corporations, government entities, music bands & sports teams to stay on top of their physical things.
With over 8000 five-star ratings in the App Store and a net promoter score greater than 55, our impressive growth has largely been driven by organic sources and word of mouth. We are profitable, financially independent, and primed to scale within our $20B market!
As a proud distributed and remote-first company since inception, we currently have teams across 4 countries.
What are we looking for
At Sortly, we are known for our commitment to simplicity and user-friendliness. We are currently looking for Senior Frontend Engineers who share our dedication to creating customer-centric experiences and are eager to help elevate our product to new heights.
What will you do
- Write clear, readable and testable code
- Work with UX and PM teams to iterate and deliver the frontend experience balancing functionality, performance and usability
- Do code reviews, participate in architecture discussions
- Own frontend service in production and ensure the system is up for our customers via monitoring, quick fixes and fix root causes for the recurring issues
- Evaluate and adopt technologies that improve developer productivity, code simplicity and new functionality
What should you have
- 4+ years of experience in Frontend Development
- 3+ years of experience in React/Angular/Vue or any similar modern frameworks
- Experience in working with APIs & relevant middleware to access them
- Experience with Typescript is a plus
- Ability to properly debug/diagnose root cause issues
- Demonstrated rigor in following and advocating for the best engineering practices
- Modular & functional code
- Strong code reviews
- Test coverage
- Performance testing
- Abreast with the latest frontend technologies and trends
- Flexibility to work across team members in multiple time zones working remote
- Ability to think analytically and approach the problems from first principles.
Why you should work with us:
- Remote-first culture and flexible working hours
- Work with an experienced and supportive team that encourages professional development and growth
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Team off-sites